Sunday, December 11, 2011

Amazon's Free App of the Day - Kung Fu Panda Holiday

written by: Nick Kosmides


Kung Fu Panda Holiday e-book is free today in the Amazon Appstore for Android.  Having all the features of the e-books from Oceanhouse Media's infamous Dr. Seuss e-books, Zuuka Inc brings us the holiday adventures of Po, Master Shifu and the Furious Five to Android devices.

Almost immediately after downloading anything designed for my four year old, I always quality control them before she gets to see it in action.  Just in case it doesn't work on my phone, or flat out sucks.  I want her to play only the best, so that when she is old enough to get me games for the holidays she will return the favor!

First thing I noticed is that the male voice used to read the stories is very good when compared to the voices I've heard from the Dr. Seuss stories from Oceanhouse Media.  The pace of the story is very good and the pages are movie quality.  Best of all, the original actors read the parts for the characters they played in the movies!  That means Jack Black for Po and Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu, and Angelina Jolie as Tigress.  Yes!

There is quite a bit of text to read, so early readers beware, following along may be tough.  My daughter is pretty good at reading at just 4 and a half years old, but she may have to read this a few times before she becomes confortable.  The text is clear and bold at the bottom of the screen, and becomes highlighted as the words are spoken during the read to me portion.

Grab this app for your little ones while it remains free for today.

Kung Fu Panda Holiday - $2.99 FREE